Saturday 13 October 2012

The CLASSroom - Set a scene challenge

I have to be super quick, because I only have 20 minutes before the deadline.
This is my second card for the CLASSroom WCMD challenge.
This card is for challenge nor 4.



I wanted to make a scene which depicted Christmas in Australia. It's very lay-back
over here because it's usually very hot.
I have mostly used embossing folders for texture and cut the waves out.
The sun is die cut with a Papertrey Ink die.
I used inks and spray mist for the background.
The scene is taken from the water looking at the beach.
The Santa image is from Ferngully Stamps
and the combi van and fence are from Allison Ellison design.
I was  originally going to use a Palm tree but I live
in the South of Australia and our beaches
are a bit 'shrubby' and not as tropical as Northern Australia.

I'm thinking of putting this in a shadow box frame.

This is an example of a typical Vic Australian beach
but this one is not  taken in Summer.


1 comment:

  1. Ha, this card made me smile! I love how Santa's got a tinny in his hand, in true Oz style! I may have to case this for my Christmas cards to my kids! I think it would look great in a shadow box.

    ReplyDelete