Monday 3 March 2014

Virginia's View #1 - Watercolouring take 2

Here's another card for Virginia's new challenge.

I recently purchased this stamp set by Dina Wakely, because I 'had' to have it. The thing is though, I'm sure it's more suited to Mixed Media, which I'm having trouble achieving good results with. I also think Paper Piecing would look good with these stamps. But for my first attempt I decided to go absolutely simple and stamp over a watercolour wash.





It didn't stamp very well on the watercolour paper, but because it is a sketchy image, I was able to go over it again with a copic marker.

7 comments:

  1. What a CUTE and WHIMSICAL card, Jenny! You sure have used the blue expertly! So glad that you are inspired! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness! I love that bird! It's perfect with the watercolor background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect stamp for this technique Jenny! Perfect for Keep It Simple Things with Wings too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny, this is gorgeous! I love those stamps! The watercolour background is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet! Love the image, it goes great with watercolour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the "sketchy" look of the image and your watercolored background, too.
    The addition of the sequins is perfect!

    ReplyDelete