Tuesday 13 May 2014

Casing Wida week 2

I've been playing around with some ideas for this week's Case Study Challenge and finally made 2 cards. I couldn't decide which card to enter, so it's a twofer!  See how much you inspire me Wida!
I'm also entering this card in the Fusion Card Challenge and Simon Says Wednesday challenge - Spring flowers.










For this card I went with the the yellow flower, because I love this colour combo. I chose a flower die from Memory box and an oval die and used the in-laid die-cutting method, which I learnt in the last Online Card Class. I used my favourite sentiment tape, which is a bit like washi, but plastic. I layered it on yellow card to make the word yellow.  

In the next card I used the same , gorgeous Penny Black die as Wida, but changed it to pink.
Instead of a window, I used a tag. It's a very simple card, but I love black and white with a pop of colour and I wanted it to be very CAS.



By the way, I have recently made a couple of other cards using this Iris die.



6 comments:

  1. Looks like irises are second only to butterflies in your world, Jenny! I love how you've overlaid the sentiment tape on yellow, looks fab. I like your two different takes on Wida's card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards with these wonderful floral dies! the yellow contrasts so vibrantly against the black on your Fusion card - thanks so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely use of the little strip of the tape!! Also the wonderful die is showcased so lovely atop the black!!!!
    Thanks for being so inspired to play along with us and adding your lovely creation to the FUSION gallery ---I love it !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny, your first card is so beautiful! I love the contrast of the pale yellow with all that black! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's pretty darn awesome when you have the same supplies as the muse!! Why didn't I think of putting the stripped strip behind the cardstock. Duh! That was clever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards, I like how the yellow bloom catches ur attention with a black BG !

    ReplyDelete