Thursday 19 June 2014

Recycling and Playing Tag

I see that the deadline for Virginia's View challenge #4 - Tags & Scrapplings (with a recycled element) is drawing near, so the race is on to use up some more of my leftover bits and bobs!

I have 2 more tags for you today, but first I want to show you some of my 'scraps'.

Sometimes I practise a technique or try out a new tool, like stencils or gelliplate, without any card or challenge in mind and then they end up in a box. Every now and then, I browse through these items and die cut tags for future use. I really think most things look better when die-cut. 

This is my box of die-cut butterflies - the ones that didn't end up on cards - it just makes me feel happy to look through this box sometimes.

So here are my next 2 tags..



This tag was made with a stencil and distress inks. The butterfly was recycled from my box and sponged on the back with matching distress ink. The jute is also recycled from a flower arrangement.



This tag was die-cut from a reject, I ended up using different colours.
The butterfly stamp is from Penny Black and the sentiment is from CAS-ual Friday.
The epoxy dots are recycled of an old card and I've used more of the jute.




9 comments:

  1. Beautiful tags! The first one is really cheerful and fun! And I enjoy the second a lot too, I think the butterfly looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous, Jenny! Love the retro feel of the first one, and the second is so elegant. Beautiful butterfly stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are GOOD! Those tags, that tag organization! You need to come to my room. And I love the groovy one you posted today too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These tags are simply beautiful, Jenny! I am so happy that you were inspired by this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both of your tags! Great idea to die cut tags from technique backgrounds - I will definitely do that :) Love the butterfly stamp on the second tag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are right.. most things look better when die-cut.
    LOVELY stash collection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what pretty tags. I'm a softy for butterflies..... Eyeing ur lil stash there :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your work and am happy for you on the DT selection! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete