Monday 8 September 2014

NBUS meets Runway Inspired

Hi there - another Monday has come around really quickly and I'm starting to think that Christmas will be upon me before I even make a Christmas card! I think I may have to join some of the Christmas challenges.

But in the meantime, I have made a card for the Runway Inspired Challenge and I've used a NBUS #2 stencil so it qualifies for Darnell's NBUS #2 challenge.

In my last post I talked about my creative process and said that I can get a card done quickly if I have a 'ping' moment. Well this was one of those occasions. As soon as I saw the inspiration photo, I thought of the Heidi Swapp stencil and knew I wanted to use the Altenew Painted Flower, which I 'just had to have', but have only used once! So here is my card.



The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp and I've use distress inks and one versamagic ink.

                            




ETA: I am also entering this in the Simon Monday Challenge - Boldy go in to Stamptember  and the Simon Wednesday  Stamp-it Challenge The pattern is very bold and I've stamped the flowers and sentiment.





10 comments:

  1. What a fabulous ping moment that was for the RIC, Jenny! I think it is so perfect for the challenge! Love the bold houndstooth and I think you did a superb job of painting your painted blooms!! Thank you for entering my NBUS Challenge again!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous card! Love your beautiful clean and simple style. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute card! I am thrilled you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday StampTember Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your take on the RIC, Jenny. It's just perfect for this challenge. I simply couldn't think of anything... that outfit doesn't inspire me at all; besides, I feel the need to take a break from RIC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That background stamp looks 3D to me - LOVE! Great pops of colour, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely, Jenny! Great job capturing the elements in the inspo photo! I adore the way you've used the Painted Flowers set! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bold, bright, beautiful! Thanks for strutting your stuff with us at Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great card, and a fun take on the challenge! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete