Wednesday 11 February 2015

Stencil Fun!

Hello, I'm back with another card! yay! I must be on a roll lol!

Actually I've been working on this for a few days - one feather a day and then the base card and finally how to tie it together - literally!

This is how it began. I saw that Craft Stamper had a new Take it, Make it challenge, which is to use stencils. I also wanted to use my new feather die and play with the Brushos again.

Firstly, I made a feather stencil with the die and placed that over the top of another stencil and sponged with distress ink. I then removed the bottom die and sprinkled a bit of black Brushos and spritzed the feather image. Once dry I cut the stencilled image. The amazing thing is that the 'black' Brushos also has the blue and orange in it - it's so pretty! So that's what lead me to make the orange feather. I hope this makes sense. I'm sure I didn't need the feather stencil, but it helped me to place everything where I wanted it.
I have stencilled some translucent embossing paste on the white card base and then added some splatters.
The sentiment is from Avery Elle.





Hope you like and thanks for visiting!



5 comments:

  1. Glad I came to see this IRL ;) The BG is great too. Not sure if I can hold out on Brushos...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card, unique stenciling! Thanks for joining us at the Take It Make It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, love the feathers !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Great job with the stenciling! Thanks for joining in with the TIMI challenge ..... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fab, Jenny! I like how you did the stencilling. Thanks for playing along at Craft Stamper Take It Make It.

    ReplyDelete