Wednesday 1 April 2015

Flower Power

Hey there. It's April already! I hope you didn't get caught out with any April Fools jokes!

Since it's the beginning of another month, it's also the start of another challenge at the Mixed Media Card Challenge. The theme this month is Flowers and the optional element is basket.  Since Easter is almost upon us, I threw in a bunny too!


I started with a piece of designer paper and and using  Liquitex Matte Gel medium I glued on some more torn pieces of script paper and then covered the paper with a 'white wash' watered down  gesso. I cut the basket and flowers with Silhouette and then coloured them with inktense pencils, distress markers and Wink of Stella.  The bunny is from Kaisercraft.


I hope you get the chance to join us this month - you can link up your cards here.

ETA: I wish to add my card to Virginia's View Challenge - Layers and Dimension.


7 comments:

  1. This is adorable! I like those pieces of script paper you used on the BG ! gives a cool effect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sweet Easter basket! love the torn paper background and little wooden rabbit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Easter Card! Wonderful soft background for you pretty flower basket!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really sweet card, Jenny! Love that background with the torn pieces. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go girl, getting the basket in there too. Hope the Easter bunny is good to you.

    ReplyDelete