Monday 27 April 2015

There is Beauty in Simplicity

I just had to make a card for the Card Concept challenge, because I love the colours and patterns so much. So I rummaged through my unfinished stash and found 2 panels to suit the theme and die cut some butterflies to match. This is the result.


I've used a stencil and thicky body paint for the polka dotts and the pink pattern was made with my Gelliplate. The butterfly dies are from (big to small) Memory Box, SSS and PB. The sentiment is from Stampers Anonymous.
I was influenced by the stripes in the background, the grey polka dots the pink and white chevrons and the way all these elements were pulled together to give a CAS and classy appearance.
I think my card will be in the Clean & Layered category. I am also entering Virginia's View challenge #14 Layers & Dimension.




5 comments:

  1. Your stash looks like a great place to rummage through! Beautiful design, Jen! Love the take on the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I love the combination of the hot pink and gold - gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Classy! Fabulous take on the photo, Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodnessssss!!!! This is a beauty!!! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow ... gorgeous card Jenny! Love the mix of patterns and textures. xx

    ReplyDelete