Wednesday 18 May 2016

Inspired by my Garden

Today it is overcast and there's a bit of a nip in the air, so maybe we have left the Indiam Summer behind us and we can light our open fire at night and curl up with a good book. Yep, I quite like Winter!

I have another floral card today - this time it's an Iris, inspired by our garden.



The Iris die is another Penny Black beauty. I diecut the flower, coloured it with Zig CCRB markers and when it was dry I swiped a versamark pad over it and clear embossed. I did this 3 times to get a thick layer.
I then stamped a Prima mini background stamp with versamark ink and embossed it with Pearl Embossing Powder.
Then I used some distress ink to colour over the stamped image - it's very difficult to make out in the photo, but it is a lovely subtle background for the flower. Next I stamped the sentiment from WPlus9 with distress ink and embossed with the pearl powder to get a soft colour.
To finish I added the twine bow and pearl coloured with copic marker.

I am entering this in the CAS Mix it Up Challenge - the theme is Heat Embossing.

I'm also entering the Simon Wednesday Challenge - Flowers and the Craft Stamper Take it, Make it Challenge  - Anything Goes with stamping.





11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous CAS card, Jenny! Love the subtle background and flower with a bit of glitter! It is so beautifully inspired by your garden. I am loving Spring here in Canada (glad that you are a fan of winter!). :) Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Flowers” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny Beautiful card, love your background to the flower, looks stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card Jenny - we too have had winter hit almost overnight here in NZ, so can agree with what you are saying about curling up with a good book :-) .
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny, I love all your heat embossing and Zig coloring. Your twine bow and pearl are the perfect embellishments. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your iris is gorgeous Jenny. Love the colouring with the zigs, and adding the layers of embossing powder really make it shine. Great texture from the embossed background too. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's still hot up my way, we've had the best sunny weather here and I'm loving every minute of it probably because I'm on holidays lol. Love your beautiful flower Jenny, makes for such an elegant design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous card Jenny, a lovely design with super background colours..................your gergeous colouring on the beautifulbackground colouring along with super details!!

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love irises, Jenny, and this one is gorgeous! I love how you've colored it! And your background is amazing! I love the subtle color and texture! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Still so weird to think you're heading into fireplace days! I love this. You've created one gorgeous iris. These lovelies are adorning my garden at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely soft background for the beautiful iris (one of my favourite flowers!). Great use of heat embossing. Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, Jenny! I love the softly coloured background and the delicate embossing. Thanks for playing along at Craft Stamper Take It Make It :)

    ReplyDelete