Friday 10 June 2016

Spring Garden

Hi there. It's been a quiet week here on my blog as I've been busy making decisions for our Beach House Renovation. The rear of the house got demolished this week - so there's no going back!

Winter has finally arrived in Melbourne, although we are lucky, because a large part of the eastern States of Australia had very severe weather conditions with flooding this week and Melbourne missed out. My heart goes out to those effected and also to the people in Europe who suffered the same fate.

I have previously admitted to enjoying Winter, so I'm not complaining about the cold, but the garden is looking rather bare, so I thought I'd make a bright card with lots of flowers!


I told you it was bright! The diecut panel was in my stash from the last craft retreat and unfortunately I can't remember the manufacturer. I'll update if I find out.
So this is very simple, I used ZigCCRB Markers and distress ink to colour the flowers and then spritzed with water and used a brush to blend the colours. I stamped the sentiment from Altenew using Memento Luxe Ink and then went over it again with Zig Marker to get the Ombre effect. Of course I had to add a bit of Wink of Stella for a bit of shimmer and then I was done.

I'm entering this in the following challenges:-

CAS Mix It Up - Die-cut, stamping + one other
Craft Stamper Take it, Make it Challenge - Let's Get Inky

Happy Little Stamper - Dies (Anything Goes)
Simon Monday Challenge - Summer Garden (well I guess mine could be Summer or Spring)





9 comments:

  1. Oh gorgeous - love it Jenny. Our gardens are rather drab over this side of the ditch too, so it is lovely to see some bright colours
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bright and cheerful. Thanks for sharing at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these colors! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Bright Cheerful colors! Thanks for joining us at HLS Anything Goes with Dies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a darling card, the colors are fabulous. Very pretty. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE those colors - such a pretty die cut! Thanks so much Jenny, for sharing with us at HLS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so bright and cheery ... I love it! Thanks for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the mix of hot pink/coral/yellow, Jenny! Thanks for playing at Craft Stamper :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those vibrant colours! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Mix Up.

    ReplyDelete