Friday 1 July 2016

Mixed Media Card Challenge

A new month is upon us and that means it's time for a new Mixed Media Card Challenge. The theme this month is 'SPARKLE' and the optional element is 'GEMS" -  I predict a very pretty gallery of cards!


I just received these gorgeous heart and floral dies from Concord & 9th, called Layers of Love and decided they would suit this month's theme.
To begin I painted the front panel on watercolour paper with Peerless Water Colours. When it was dry I  die cut the floral heart window. At the same time, I die cut the lined heart window from the card base.and the floral sprays.  Then I coloured the flowers with Zig CCRB markers and spritzed with water. When dry, I added Wink of Stellar and Stickles for some shimmer and sparkle. The sentiment is from Winnie and Walter and was heat embossed with a sparkly gold powder.
To finish  I added some gems and sparkly gold thread.




Pop on over to the Mixed Media Card Challenge to see to get more sparkly inspiration and then join in the fun. You can link up your card here.

ETA: I am adding this card to the Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies Challenge and Virginia's View #22 (Summer) Challenge.




8 comments:

  1. So beautiful Jenny. LOVE your watercoloured background. And what a gorgeous two-part die. Your flower sprays are so pretty and love the touches of gold for sparkle. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Jenny! Love the effect of the two layered heart dies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jenny! Long time since my last visit... Beautiful sparkling sample! Love everything about your card, the color palette is just gorgeous and happy, also love your choice of dies and the torn edge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is awesome, I just love it. Saw it at HLS... good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Jenny, love the stones of this and the colours added to all this wonderful die cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s View “All about Colors” Challenge! FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card...Love it..Thank you so much for joining us at Happy Little Stamper's anything with dies Challenge.

    ReplyDelete