Thursday 10 November 2016

1st Christmas Card of 2016

I thought I should get my act together and make some Christmas cards, so I decided to make another watercolour card for the CAS Watercolour challenge. The theme is TEXT, so I added some text in the background, which I like doing anyway.

I had meant to enter this in Loll's Christmas event, but then I remembered it's a tag challenge!!! Oh well the next one will be a tag!

I began by stamping and embossing the snowflakes and tree and then  creating a watercolour wash over the card, masking the snowy slope. When dry, I stamped the background text and sponged the edges of the card. Then I added a bit of a wash over the snowy area, added the deer and mounted it on the base card.



4 comments:

  1. WOW ... this is gorgeous Jenny! LOVE the snowy scene you've created with the soft colour. So pretty with the silver embossing! LOVE the text you've stamped ... awesome design, my friend. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the blue blends into the pink and that lovely woodland scene, Jenny! Thanks again for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blues and mauves - my favourite colours!! Beautiful snowflakes! Thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! Love that pretty background :)

    ReplyDelete