Wednesday 23 May 2018

A Classic Birthday Rose

This is another card I made at our Craft Retreat in bright. We were all having fun making cards with these beautiful Altenew dies and I have definitely added them to my wishlist!

The die set is Altenew 'Fantasy Floral 3D Die Set'. I coloured the dies with Daniel Smith Watercolours, adding a bit of white Wink of Stellar. I am not sure why the green granulated, but I actully don't mind the textured look it gives. I learnt thath the white W of S becomes more opaque as it dries.  The background die is from Kaisercraft and I can't remember which set the sentiment is from, but I'm fairly sure it's from Altenew.  To finish I sponged the edges of the background panel with distress inks and added a few pearls.
I'm entering the following challenges:-
Inspired by a song - The Rose





Inspired b y the pink blooms

6 comments:

  1. WOW ... gorgeous card Jenny! LOVE that beautiful rose diecut. You have coloured it to PERFECTION! Beautiful design and layout. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card which is coloured perfectly...this is gorgeous Jenny and such a lovely interpretation of your song choice! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super sweet and love the colours! Altenew make the most gorgeous products, don't they?
    Thanks for joining us at Scrapbook Boutique.
    Louise xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The card is very beautiful! I love the watercolor you made.
    Thank you for Happy Little Stampers Watercolor.
    BożenA DT HLS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - that flower die does pack a punch doesn't it? You must have had a ball playing at Bright! Love your design - the beautiful script sentiment is perfect, and so is the minimal background die. Lovely! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Scrapbook Boutique this month x

    ReplyDelete