Thursday 10 January 2013

Casadia - I've joined the fun!

A case + an idea = Casadia

Have you been following the fun on Wida's blog.

It started with this super gorgeous card by Laura Bassen, which incidentally I had already put in my 'inspired by' album.


Next Laura's card was 'cased' by Jennifer Rzasa for a Case Study Challenge - this is the card she came up with


Then, Wida can up with her fun idea and Casadia was born.
Her idea was to start a card chain and see how far it would go.
This is Wida's card


Well so far the count is 27 and still going strong. 
The last card was made by Jackie Rockwell
and it is an absolute stunner!
My 1st thought was "Eek! how can I follow this beauty!???",
but I was inspired by the the use of the sentiment as the focal point and decided to have a go at creating a card using more than one sentiment 'subway art' style. I also went with the 'friendship' theme of Jackie's card. 

Most of the stamps are from Hero Arts, except  the flourish and last sentiment, which are from Micia Crafts. The black & white paper is from Kaisercraft. I used black versafine ink and clear embossed.

I will enter this in the Simon Says Stamp Challenge  and Less is More Challenge- which both ask you to use B & W with a splash of colour.
I'll also enter this in the Hero Arts challenge, which is 'something' new. This is a new technique for me using several sentiments to make a focal point.




10 comments:

  1. I love the concept of the subway art, way cool and über CAS! You rock for giving it a go and doing such a great job too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOve it Jenny - Hope you had a FAB Christmas & New Year.
    I'm looking forward to getting back into the creative swing too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you combined your sentiments Jenny! The flowers wrapping around are so pretty and the classic black, white and red are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful stamping! Love your arrangement of sentiments! An excellent CASE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! Love the subway art you created and fabulous color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your subway art combined with the polka dot border.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Subway art!!! Fantastic!!!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, Jenny! And a wonderful CASE!

    ReplyDelete