Monday 25 March 2013

Moxie Fab World -TT Elegant Emerald

What an interesting 10 days we've had! First my son was sick with bad cold/cough, then we had a weekend away watching my daughter compete in the Head of School Girls' rowing. Then my 15 yo daughter had vaccinations for a trip to Vietnam, next morning she fainted and hit her head in the bathroom. Took her to doctors, she said she was ok. Next morning she complained of stomach pains and started vomiting (4th time in a few months). I'd discussed the possibility of Appendicitis with the Dr, but was told it couldn't be that, because it doesn't recur over such a long period.
 After a couple of hours of enduring the pains, I decided to take it in my own hands and take her to hospital. She was operated on the next morning and indeed had acute appendicitis.  Poor darling!
She is now at home resting and still hoping to go to Vietnam this Friday.

While I was in hospital with her, I picked up a magazine with free stamps and I have used 3 of them to make this card for the Tuesday Trigger.














I have stamped the head image with Archival black
(I wiped the black off the mouth and used red marker).
I coloured the flowers in hair with intense pencils and perfect pearls
for a bit of shimmer. Then I stamped the flower image on the corners with white ink and clear embossed. Next was the fun bit, I sponged the card with various inks and then sprayed with sea glass glimmer mist (masking the head). Then I stamped the sentiment in gold on vellum and inked the heart in the hair with a versa mark pen and used gold sparkle embossing powder.

I think I'll give this to my daughter to cheer her up.


2 comments:

  1. Hey Jenny! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Jenny, I love this! It's captured that dreamy floaty element from the inspiration photo, and I bet it's cheered your daughter up - what a time for her. Hope she's sufficiently recovered to go to Vietnam.

    ReplyDelete