Sunday 1 December 2013

Festive Friday - I can't stop/SSS Monday challenge - Christmas Countdown

I hope I'm not making too many for the Festive Friday challenge, I've noticed lot's of other christmas card challenges, but this one is my fave.

So this time I made an ornament instead of a card and I'm also entering this in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge -  Christmas Countdown, because I've managed to tick another gift off the list and also for the SSS Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes.

I was very taken with this gorgeous ornament made by Cathy Andronicou in the Christmas classes on the Penny Black Blog, so I thought I'd give it a try.
The only challenge  was making my own tassel.  The stamp is Penny Black's Natures Best and the 'Merry' is made wit a PB die. I used water colour pencils,  gelatos wink of stellar pen, a Faber Castell  Pitt Artist white pen (for highlights) .
I also stamped some sheet music over the image with gold ink.

5 comments:

  1. Love your ornament--beautifully colored!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely ornament! Beautiful shape and love the coloring! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the classic feel of this - well done on that tassel - the shine and texture is stunning! Thanks so much for joining us at Festive Friday! Looking forward to seeing you in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous ornament, a lovely design and such a beautiful image!!

    Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Catching up on visiting blogs, I really like this one! (and your new header). I am trying to make ornaments as a Christmas gift for teachers and such, This one looks pretty and detailed, hopefully a good one to mass produce?? I am gonna try to use my snowflake die from PTI to make something that hopefully will be this pretty too :)

    ReplyDelete