Wednesday 8 January 2014

Another Star Card! Silhouette debut!

Yipee! I received my Silhouette Portrait in the mail the other day! I was so excited and hooked it up straight away. There was a bit of a hiccup, because the first *adapter plug I used didn't work - in fact it crackled! I found another one in our travel stuff and it worked!  (*I needed an adapter because I purchased it from the USA)

 The next step was to try it out! After playing around for a while, I took the plunge and let it cut!
It cut out the solid shapes ok, but tore  the sentiment to bits.  I have taken some advice from Fb friends to use smooth paper, slower cutting speed and higher blade setting and had some success.
I can see it will take time and  practice to get to know the capabilities and settings.

This is my first card using Silhouette and I love the little string of stars. I have used Hero Arts brush strokes and distress ink for the sky. This is my 2nd card for the MFW Constellation/ Trendy Star Power challenge.   I'm also entering this in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge -  Something New and Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Something Blue! Oh and I found a challenge another challenge called Silhouette Challenges - Anything Goes.


It's similar to my 1st, but simpler and a bit more artsy.












14 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Jenny. I have just started following you thru Feedly and came to look at his card. It really is eye catching. Then....... I spent the next two hours going through all your previous posts. Love your mixed style and can see how your confidence and flair have grown over the last cple of years. I dont have a blog (for cardds) but hope to start one this year. Just not sure. I'm also from Australia. I'm looking forward to seeing many more beautiful cards, thanks for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your very kind comments. I hope you do start a blog and share your creations!

      Delete
  2. Ooh, Jenny, I love this! The grungy denim-y background is fabulous for your little strings of stars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! So pretty! I love your strings of stars! I love that background, too! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done! The background is gorgeous and I really love the gold embossing. Thank you for joining us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome! I love the little strings of stars against that cool background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is gorgeous, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the style of your card Jenny and for a first cut with your new silhouette too....Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful!!! love the garland of stars Jenny :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowza!
    What a fun card!

    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome card! Congrats on getting a silhouette. I love mine :) Thanks for joining us at Silhouette challenges. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete