Friday 5 December 2014

Distressed Christmas

It's official! My mojo has decided to go on holidays too! We leave for our overseas trip in 8 days and I've done very little card-making or blogging in the last couple of weeks under my Physio's instructions. Now when I do try to create,  I find myself lacking in motivation! Never mind, I think it's a sign to pack everything away and hopefully the 6 weeks break will see me full of new ideas and my shoulder might even be pain free!

Having said that,  I have a card to share today and if I get my mojo back I may sneak in another one or 2 because I have some brand new christmas stamps that haven't yet been used! I made this card for Virginia's View # 10 All Things distressed with some bits and pieces of unfinished stuff.



I stamped the image from Kaisercraft Basecoat Christmas on the co-ordinating paper and white embossed,  fussy cut the pine cones and layered it with more DP from Kaisercraft. I distressed the edges of the first panel, and machine stitched a border. I've used distress stain on the edges of the paper.I'm also entering the Simon Wednesday challenge - Holiday theme and the Fusion Card Challenge (thanks Lyndal!).

8 comments:

  1. This would be perfect for FUSION this fortnight too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely, I like the rustic green tinge on the wood grain :) thank you for sharing with Fusion !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the green barnboard with the white embossed sentiment over it! Thanks so much for joining in on the Fusion Challenge Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool..Glad your mojo is back long enough to see this awesome distress card! Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my card, very, very sweet of you.
    Love where this challenge took you. I hope you will get to ink up some of your new stamps!!! I am getting all creative..and it is time for bed..LOL!! Maybe tomorrow.


    Again, thanks for coming by and commenting on my blue card..., and thanks for joining us at FUSION too... my card is the one with humungus pinecones. LOL!!

    I really hope your trip is magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card!! Such a lovely design!

    Happy Holidays!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely stunning. Your distressing is gorgeous. Thanks so much for playing with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so much fun!
    Thanks for joining us at FUSION.

    ReplyDelete