Thursday 23 April 2015

Adding Some Colour to My Life

Hello there. As I mentioned in my last post, I've been playing with my Gelliplate and stencils and having lots of fun. Today I'd like to share 2 more cards  resulting from  the collection of gelli prints I made the other day.  I have gone for an Artsy look today!

In this card I used the STAMPlorations  Flutter of Butterflies stencil,. While it still had paint on it, I brayed it on to my card. When dry I stamped the butterflies using memento dye ink. Next step was to tape the stencil over the butterflies and spray some Heidi Swapp Color  Shine over the card. Once  dry, keeping the butterfly stencil in place and layering another stencil from TCW over the top, I sprayed some contrasting Color Shine. To finish off, I stamped the STAMPlorations sentiment, stitched a border and mounted on a white card.

This time I used Stamploration's Daisy Dance and this was the second pull from the Gelliplate. I then stamped the daisies with Memento Luxe Ink and using my favourite tool, my finger,  added the flower centres with Liquitex acrylic ink and Memento Luxe ink. I decided to use contrasting cotton for the stitched border and a splatter of Liquitex acrylic ink (pink).
I then stamped the butterfly and sentiment which are also from Stamplorations. As you can probably tell, I have quite a lot of Stamplorations products now and love them a lot - they are especially good for Mixed Media.

Since there is so much colour in various mediums, I would like to enter these cards in the Craft Stamper  Take it, Make it Challenge, which is asking us to use lots of colour in our creations this month.
I am also playing at Virginia's View Challenge, which is about Layering and Dimension and the Stamplorations Anything Goes Challenge.




1 comment: