Monday 23 May 2016

Penny Black Love!

Hi there! I know for most people Monday is a back to work day, but I'm lucky enough to be able to stay at home and with the rest of the household out, I find myself relaxing and feeling creative! This is my guilty secret!!!

So today I was very excited to ink up my new Penny Black stamp (Unfolding), which took nearly a month to get here! I seriously am in love with this stamp!


I began by applying the distress markers to the stamp, spritzing just a little and then stamping.  I prefer to use normal card stock (this one is a natural white with a bit of fleck) over watercolour paper for this type of stamp and because it isn't very watercolour you have to be careful not to use too much water. I was using my MISTI stamping tool, so I was able to add some shading in areas and I used Zig CCRB markers for some of these highlights. I went over the highlights with my clear Wink of Stellar - a girl needs a bit of shimmer!

I don't have any Sympathy cards in stock, and hope I don't need any, but decided this was a lovely peaceful image.
The sentiment is from Altenew and was embossed with a metallic powder.

I added the stitching,  just a few neutral sequins and then matted on dark silver cardstock.


I shall enter this in the Craft Stamper Take it, Make it Anything Goes Challenge and the CAS Mix it Up Challenge - Embossing.

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Jenny. That image is so beautiful ... I need to buy it for myself! Perfect way to use the image with the water spritz. Such a beautiful watercoloured look. Love the added stitching detail too. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Jenny. What a lovely stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny this is beautiful - wonderful image for a sympathy card, and a stunning outcome. I always try to have a sympathy card hand as it is so hard to make them under duress.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. So soft and pretty Jenny. I have this stamp on my wishlist, especially after seeing your beauty. TFS and playing along with us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs, nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful, peaceful card, Jenny! Love that flower, the stitching and embossed sentiment! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card, thanks for joining in with us at the Craft Stamper Challenge, Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, Jenny! I had to have that stamp too ;) Great colouring, and I like the stitched border. Thanks for playing along at Craft Stamper Take It Make It :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous stamp, fabulous card Jenny!

    ReplyDelete