Sunday 22 January 2017

On A Roll

Yes it is my third post for today! I've been working on a few things this week and I'm getting them finished today, although I should be outside enjoying the sunshine.


I decided to experiment with Yupo paper, so I watched a few tutorials and then made this card.
I had previously used Alcohol Inks on Yupo and that was sooo much fun! Check out my posts here and here. This time I wanted to try watercolour paints. So I made the background wash with Gansai Tambi paints and then sprinkled salt on it. I left it to dry for a few hours and then stamped the butterflies with Archival ink. I left it overnight and then with a we brush, I removed the colour from the butterflies. I hit a problem here, the black ink was activated too. I'm not sure why, because it should be waterproof, like on gloss paper. I cleaned up the mess and then coloured the butterflies with Zig markers and a touch of water and swooshed it around. When it dried I touched up the black with a black marker.

This was a fun technique and I learnt a few things along the way.  I'm entering this in the following challenges:-

Inkspirational - Flutter
NBUS #8 - New Technique and Product
Craft Stamper Take it, Make it Challenge







5 comments:

  1. Great experiment Jenny - sounds like some hiccups on the way but the outcome is wonderful - love those colour together
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're ahead of me on this one, Jenny! I bought that Yupo paper when I first saw Loll use it (cough) months ago and I haven't used it yet, even though I LOVE the results I have seen all throughout Blogland. I can't tell that you had any issues with the black; this looks really gorgeous and flawless to me! Thanks for playing again in my challenge #8!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly are on a roll, Jenny! Love that background - I haven't tried watercolour on Yupo yet, only done alcohol inks. Great save, cos it doesn't look like you had any problems! Thanks for playing at Craft Stamper :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! What fabulous results using a new-to-me technique! Gorgeous! So thrilled you shared this gem in the Inkspirational gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. This ROCKS!
    Thanks for joining in the fun at Inkspirational Challenges. Do hope you'll join us again :)
    Pia xxx

    ReplyDelete