Monday 13 March 2017

Paris Skyline Shaker

Hello! I'm Back!!!! So sorry for being mia, but the build in Queenscliff is nearing completion and I've been very busy choosing furnishings, which is super exciting!!! I'll share some pics when it's all finished and we're in.

This past week I took a break from all that and was lucky enough to go to a Craft Retreat in a beautiful place, Bright, with some gorgeous, funny and uber talented Ladies! This is my 3rd time and it just gets more fun each year! A huge thanks goes to Joy Taylor (Simple by Design) who organises the retreat and included me again this year. We had so many laughs and I always learn a lot from watching what the others create - very inspiring!

This is the first card I have to share - It was inspired by the MFT Color Challenge.  Jenny Dix(Jennifer D's Blog) has been nagging encouraging me to make a shaker card since last year, so this one is for her!!!


 The Background was sponged with Distress Inks and then stamped the background and sentiment. Easy peasy! The only reason I don't do shakers is because I find it fiddly, but I guess with the right tools and practice it will become a quicker process!

Materials:-
Die - Mft Paris Skyline 
Inks - Distress Inks, Versafine Black
Stamps:- MFT Geometric Grid BG, Concord & 9th Eat Cake & Celebrate
Sequins:- Pretty Posh Pink and various

I'm linking this to the following challenges:-
MFT Color Challenge
CASology - 'Landmark'


                                               Here's all the gang from our retreat.

This one was me attempting to use the selfie stick - I need a few lessons!

6 comments:

  1. Love the background colours Jenny! Great fun at the Retreat, especially the wefie photo at the Pub!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, Jenny! The background colors are so rich! I've never made a shaker card myself...now that I've seen yours, maybe I should give it a try?! ;)
    Thanks so much for joining us over at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your shaker card Jenny!! Such pretty colours, and love the design in the background with all the hearts and sequins. The city scape is a great design for the shaker. Looks like you had a great time at your retreat!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Jenny, Great job with the colors... I love your pretty background with the white skyline.... Awesome job

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha ha wasn't it worth the nagging. This is soooooo Beautiful and really love that background. xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete