Wednesday 15 November 2017

Grungy, but Feminine?

Hi it's been a couple of days since I posted, not because I haven't been creating, but because there was a cable outage in our area, so we had no internet. So I'm playing catch up.

I started out being inspired by Lorraine and Melissa's ornament (bauble) tags from day 1 of the 25 Days of Christmas Tag Challenge, but mine ended up totally different!


I dry embossed a piece of watercolour paper and die cut the ornament.  Then I swiped some resist ink over the raised part of the pattern and gold embossed.  Next I painted the tag with Twinkling H2Os and gave it another hit with the heat gun to re-activate the embossing powder.  I then stamped the sentiment on white card and gold embossed. I decided to swipe all the edges with resist ink and gold emboss again. I wasn't too worried about the specks of extra gold, because that added to the 'grunge' effect.




3 comments:

  1. This is such a gorgeous tag, Jenny! Love the idea of using a large ornament die. And the technique of dry embossing and then adding the heat embossing on top, looks amazing. Love the colours too. Thanks for joining my tag event! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not into grunge - 'til now! Jenny if this is grungy? I'm IN! LOve your gorgeous tag and that touch of gold really does set off the embossing beautifully! Thanks again for Tag-ing along with us at 25 Days!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I just love the vintage look you achieved on this ornament! Beautifully done, particularly with all the gold embossing. Love this tag!

    ReplyDelete